Friday, May 14, 2010

Sharing what you love




On May 1st one of my favorite holidays took place. That's right you guessed it. Free Comic Book Day! The only thing better than comic books are FREE comic books. Rachel, Noah and I got in the car and headed over to my favorite comic shop, Comic Toast, and had a great time. There were several Star Wars characters there that you could take pictures with. As you can see Noah enjoyed getting his picture taken with the ugliest one (not me, the other guy). The gentleman in the costume had mentioned that he had made another baby cry earlier in the day but Noah seemed to find him quite amusing. It would seem that Noah is at the age where few things scare him. Even I was a little frightened when I saw the guy dressed up as the Joker. Noah just laughed at him. Hopefully this means in the future he won't have the phobia of freaky clowns (there is just something not right about those guys...just sayin).

It was really fun to just share something that I love with someone that I love. I picked out a couple of comics for Noah (of course I got a couple for myself as well). He is now the proud owner of a Toy Story (new school) and Fraggle Rock (old school)comic. My hope is to read some of it to him out loud and let him see the pictures. To see his face when he saw the inside of the comic shop, which had inflatable heroes hanging from the ceiling, was really great. I understand that when he gets older he may not be into comics (although he is supposed to inherit my collection) but for a day he seemed to enjoy them. I look forward to many years of sharing my interests with him and for him to share his interests with me (even if its something boring like golf).

No comments:

Post a Comment