Friday, April 2, 2010
The Suite Logic
This past weekend we traveled to Richmond so that I could run in the Monument Ave. 10k. In an effort to ensure that I got some sleep we chose a hotel that had suites. Noah could have his own space to sleep in. We have found that we sleep much better when Noah is not in the same room (I mean its not like he snores but he moves around a lot and we just focus on him more when he is near by). Another nice feature of the suite was that it had a refrigerator to keep Noah's food cold for him (cause you know he's not hitting up the continental breakfast yet). There was a beautiful, plush, fluffy, super comfy bed with multiple pillows in the bedroom and in the "living room" portion of the suite was a couch with a super thin mattress and numerous springs. Now I'm a little fuzzy on the logic and how all this went down but Noah ended up sleeping in the room with the awesome bed and Rachel and I had a lovely time getting stabbed in the back by mattress springs. The sacrifices we make for our child. The truth is we felt more comfortable having Noah in the back bedroom as opposed to in the suite for several reasons. The suite was right along the main hallway and we had the privilege of being located near the ice and vending machines. Also, the location of the bathroom was a key factor in our decision to sleep on the couch. We didn't want to walk in and out of Noah's space to use the restroom and having Noah stay in the back bedroom prevented that from happening. As Rachel and I went to bed that night we couldn't help but chuckle at our circumstances. Here we are sleeping on a creaky, pullout mattress while our son sleep soundly in his pack-n-play next to a king size bed. It was worth it though. Noah slept well and we've learned that when Noah sleeps, we can too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment