Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What a Weekend!!!

I intended to post sooner but have just been too tired to put my thoughts into words. This past weekend was fantastic! On Sunday, Noah was baptized. Although that was the main event, the fun definitely started on Friday afternoon. Rachel and I had members from both sides of the family coming into town and excited to see Noah. Noah was excited to see everybody as well. So excited in fact that he had great difficulty taking a nap (or sleeping at night). I'm amazed at how he can already understand that being awake and around people is better than sleep (I, however, am beginning to think that sleep is a fantastic thing, and hoping for its triumphant return sometime in my 50's). Despite the lack of sleep, a great time was had by all.

The baptism itself went very well. Thankfully, Noah did not barf nor soil himself or our good friend Bret who was nice enough to come from Blacksburg to perform the baptism for us. Noah even made it through the service (didn't even sleep during the sermon this time). Following the service we had a luncheon at the church. Rachel did an amazing job preparing most of the food (we did get some things catered). Our friend Jessica wrote and sang a song for Noah, which everybody loved. Noah waited until after the blessing of the food to take a nap (or to be more specific "collapsed" in our friend Angela's arms). For the rest of the afternoon he was happy to be held by anybody that was willing to have him (people love holding babies).

It was sad to see everyone go their separate ways on Sunday, but I was relieved to be able to get back into our routine. Noah took two long naps yesterday at daycare and slept peacefully most of the night after not being able to do so for several days (too hyped up from all the weekend fun). Rachel and I have slowly gotten the house back in order and are getting ready for some good times ahead as we will have some time off from work for Christmas. We are truly blessed to have such great family and friends to share these special moments in Noah's life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment