Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Day Twenty-Two - We got a bleeder!
This evening we decided it was time try to clip Noah's finger nails again. I had decent success yesterday with his toe nails and felt confident I could be just as successful with his fingers. I was wrong. Out of the five fingers I worked with I had two bleeders. Granted 60% went smoothly but the other 40% were rough. Thank goodness that his little nerve receptors aren't fully developed yet. The flip side of that is that it appears his blood doesn't coagulate well yet either. I must have held a wet paper towel on there for 15 minutes, then alternated to a dry tissue for another 5 while waiting for it to stop. Noah was fully engaged by the wet paper towel and actually held the tissue in place on his own for a few minutes. Needless to say Rachel took over for the other hand and had a 100% success rate. Live and learn I guess. I'll learn to be a little bit more precise with my clipping, and Noah will learn to cry a lot when he sees that I have the clippers so that Rachel will take over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment