Friday, November 13, 2009
Day Twenty - He knows what he likes
One of the cool developmental things that I've noticed about Noah is that he definitely has likes and dislikes. For example, I know that he does not prefer to be held so that he is facing me (few people do, I can't really blame him) and would much rather be held so he can see the world around him. Similarly, he would much rather I walk with him around the house than sit in one place with him. I appreciate it that he makes it very clear when things are not to his liking. Granted, he is not talking to me, but he is communicating. Generally, I have found that screaming means things are not so good and I need to fix it...quickly, and that smiles mean I'm doing an O.K. job. Let me tell you, I will work for those smiles too. That has been one of the greatest feelings I've had as a father so far. The joy I feel when Noah smiles up at me is amazing, and verges on indescribable (I feel like I had to say "verges" because I did describe it as amazing and all). I look forward to when I can hear him laugh. Sometimes I think he is about to bust a gut because he is just smiling so big, but it has yet to happen. I wonder what it will sound like. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment