This is it. Today was my last day home from work to take care of Noah. I have had a great time. In a perfect world where we didn't have to worry about bills, I'm confident that Rachel or I would be staying home with Noah full time (I'd be all about it after these 5 weeks). The reality though is that I want Noah to live in a nice house with a yard to play in. We probably won't be able to pay for all of his college, but we have things in place so that he won't have to pay for all of it himself either (I mean he's gonna be wicked smart and get lots of scholarships). He seems to be happy with the daycare choice that we have made for him, and I feel confident that he will be very well cared for. I'm sure it will be harder on us than him to drop him off each day, but we'll make it through.
Maybe, thirty years from now, when Noah is ready to begin his family I can share this blog with him. He can read about the things that we did together during his first months of life. I hope that he knows that he has always been loved so much by his parents (even when he was barfing on us).
I want to thank everyone that has followed along with us on this journey. I appreciate all the kind words and support that I have received. I am so thankful for this experience and I know that I will look back on these days often (especially the first few days back at work) and joyfully. I would definitely do it all again in a heartbeat and tell other fathers they should do it too.
We've got a big weekend ahead. A birthday party and a baptism, and getting ready for something...oh that's right Noah's first Thanksgiving. I know what I'm thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ian, Not only did you give Noah a priceless gift by becoming a stay-at-home Dad for all these weeks, but this blog will also be a priceless gift to him as well. He will get to read all about what it was like for you during this time and he'll definitely feel the love!! That's awesome.
ReplyDelete