Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day Twelve - What to wear?

I'm amazed at how many clothes Noah has. It's crazy! There are some things that he will probably never wear because he is growing so quickly. To be honest I've had a good time picking out his clothes in the mornings. He has some really cute stuff. However, I have learned that it is more important for his clothes to be functional than fashionable. Buttons can be cumbersome, Velcro is loud and can easily startle a small child and drawstrings are totally unnecessary. I'm throwing all my eggs into the "snaps" basket. I appreciate shirts that can snap down the front. They make it a little easier to change diapers at 3 in the morning. Except of course when the buttons don't match up and you have to re-snap them(that has only happened like once though ;) ). My second choice are shirts that can be pulled over Noah's head and then snap at the bottom. The only problem with those is that Noah always thinks his head is going to get stuck. Seriously, it doesn't matter how many times I put a shirt on the kid he flops like a fish out of water. I guess it will take me a little longer to gain his trust.

1 comment:

  1. I still get the snaps out of alignment. ;) My favorite for late night changes was the zipper! We had a few of those sleepers - the ones with the feet in them - and they had a zipper from the bottom of one leg all the way up! What a breeze.
    --Stephanie

    ReplyDelete