Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Seventeen - You'll be gone for how long?!

Well today Rachel was on a field trip with work, so from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. it was just Noah and I. Check out the look of panic on that kids face! Also please ignore the growth on his back known as Dad. We had a great time but I was sort of running out of things to do. I read him a couple of books, we played on the old play mat, sat in the bouncy chair and sang some songs. It was like a "greatest hits" day for Noah. We ended up taking a walk around the backyard after I strapped him into the old Baby Bjorn. He seemed to enjoy it quite thoroughly. This was the longest stretch of time where it was just Noah and I. I could not help but think what it must be like for single parents who have to do this everyday. My hat goes off to them. This is a tough job and I am thankful to have a loving and awesome partner in Rachel when it comes to raising Noah.

No comments:

Post a Comment