Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Day Three - Its a tough job...
The last couple of days I feel like I've been pretty active. Taking care of Noah and getting things done around the house. Today, however, was just a take it easy kind of day. Noah did not sleep as well last night as he had been which in turn led to me not sleeping as well as I had been. Conveniently today whenever I tried to "sleep when the baby sleeps,"(random aside this has to be one of the most popular pieces of parenting advice) my baby chose not to sleep for longer than 20 minutes at a time. I think our schedule just got thrown off. A nurse came by the house today to take blood and get some vitals from me for an insurance company. However, she came by the house late (because she had to do something for her son) and so I fed Noah a little bit later than I would've liked (it was only five minutes and to be honest Noah was in great spirits but I'm really trying to stick to my schedule). This afternoon Noah woke up screaming from a nap and I misread his signals so I changed his diaper and tried to keep him calm during the process. It wasn't until I picked him back up and he let out a blaring belch similar to Homer Simpson that I realized why he was so upset (I'll remember that for next time). Today while all this was going on I remembered something that another father told me when he found out my wife and I were expecting. He said to me that "parenting is the toughest job you'll ever love." The truth is I was tired today and I may be tired tomorrow and it is tough but I love what I'm doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment