Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Eight - Like Magic

Today Noah and I ran some errands together. I'm amazed at how nice people will be to you when you bring along an adorable (I'm biased) child. I had someone hold a door open for me today so I could get the stroller through and received lots of smiles and "how cute"s while walking around places. The best example of other people being kind because of Noah however, happened at Walmart today. I had a cart with a few items and Noah in it and as I walked over to an express lane the cashier slammed down a "lane closed" sign right as I approached. It was a bit of a hassle since I had just moved from another lane where the people in front of me thought they had a coupon (but didn't) and decided to pay by check and then needed to show ID and on and on. As I prepared to move back to my original line the cashier caught a glimpse of Noah and told me I could stay. Not only that, she placed my bags in the cart for me (that never happens). Its like Noah has some magic power that makes people nicer. Maybe tomorrow we'll head over to the DMV! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the DMV thing, pretty sure they are negatively affected by the power of cuteness. If there are any DMV employees following this blog...uhm, I was just kidding...sort-of. =)

    Again, great blog Ian. I enjoy following it!

    ReplyDelete