Monday, January 11, 2010

Noah's first JMU b-ball game





This past Saturday afternoon Rachel and I took Noah to watch the JMU Dukes take on the Towson Tigers in some CAA basketball. Rachel and I have had season tickets for a few years and were not sure whether or not to purchase them again for this season. We didn't know how many games we would be able to attend considering that many of them start at Noah's bedtime. Ultimately, we decided to get season tickets again. For some of the games we have found babysitters, for others I have gone with some guy friends, and for a few we decided that we could take Noah. I wasn't sure if Noah would be able to handle the atmosphere that is JMU basketball. Between the buzzers, lights, fans, players, cheerleaders, pep band, and of course the Duke Dog there is a lot to take in. Our seats are pretty high up and the students had not yet returned from winter break so we were able to have some space in case Noah had a meltdown. I always have this fear that I'm going to be that parent, you know the one that brings his kid to public places and for some reason can never hear the child screaming/crying/re-enacting a fight scene from Braveheart. Thankfully I had little to worry about. Noah was a great fan. If he screamed at all it was out of excitement and mostly when the opposing team had the ball. He seemed to like the lights on the scoreboard and didn't seem disturbed by the noises from the buzzer or the pep band. Actually, the only noises that did seem to bother him were the announcer's booming voice and the sound of his father exclaiming words of excitement when a great play was made. By the second half when something awesome happened I just did a silent fist pump and cheered in my head. This was helpful as Noah decided to nap for most of the second half. I look forward to many future family outings like this one. Clearly Noah was lucky for the Dukes as they won on a 3 pointer with 1 second left in the game. If they make the playoffs Noah might have some late bedtimes. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment