Today I got a flu shot for the first time in my life. Generally I consider myself to be a pretty healthy person. My resting heart rate is in the 40's (that's pretty good). I have a lot of confidence in my immune system but I don't want to mess up Noah's as it is still developing. It was at the request of Noah's pediatrician that I went to get a flu shot. It would be very difficult for me if I knew that I had caused Noah harm and could have done something about it. Talk about great responsibility. Having Noah means I need to be more responsible, I have something bigger than myself to be accountable to (even though in actual size he is quite smaller than me...you get the idea. I'm trying to be deep here.). I've had to re-think the way that I do things. I've even started to eat more vegetables (including green beans...gross). That sky-diving trip is on hold for now. Maybe I'll start wearing a coat during the winter. Am I disappointed about these changes? Nah. If anything they will make me a better person and hopefully a better role model for my son.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Day Fourteen - With great power...
Today I got a flu shot for the first time in my life. Generally I consider myself to be a pretty healthy person. My resting heart rate is in the 40's (that's pretty good). I have a lot of confidence in my immune system but I don't want to mess up Noah's as it is still developing. It was at the request of Noah's pediatrician that I went to get a flu shot. It would be very difficult for me if I knew that I had caused Noah harm and could have done something about it. Talk about great responsibility. Having Noah means I need to be more responsible, I have something bigger than myself to be accountable to (even though in actual size he is quite smaller than me...you get the idea. I'm trying to be deep here.). I've had to re-think the way that I do things. I've even started to eat more vegetables (including green beans...gross). That sky-diving trip is on hold for now. Maybe I'll start wearing a coat during the winter. Am I disappointed about these changes? Nah. If anything they will make me a better person and hopefully a better role model for my son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment