Monday, October 26, 2009
Day Six - Daycare
One of my goals while I'm on leave is to get Noah ready for his transition to daycare. Today I brought Noah over to Linda's (our daycare provider) house and hung out there for a little over an hour. I was a little anxious about how Noah would react and really just wanted to be selfish and keep him at home with me (I mean its only day six after all). But the truth is that it is going to be difficult to leave him in the care of another person (no matter who it is, if its not me or my wife, it going to be tough). Furthermore, it would probably be exponentially more difficult if Noah's first day of daycare is also his first day meeting Linda. To my relief though, Noah seemed to have a great time. He smiled at Linda and "talked" to her. She held him and walked around the house showing him (and me) where he would be hanging out when he comes to visit. Noah got a chance to be exposed to the sights and sounds that although unfamiliar now will become commonplace for him in a short time. All in all it was a great trip. I plan on returning a few more times during my leave. Next week we'll see what happens when I try to leave him(gasp!) with Linda for an hour or so. I should probably plan something fun for that hour, instead of just sitting in my car outside of her house listening to the other end of a strategically placed baby monitor like I'm running surveillance for the F.B.I. (kidding, I didn't plant a monitor in her home...yet).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment